Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Big Move / New Work

So, I am officially, 100% moved into my new studio space in Plainville! My sign is up, the walls and floors are painted and all my favorite vintage furniture pieces are in. I have not taken any photos yet, but will post some STAT!

In the meantime, here are a few photos of some recent work as well as a few images from some not-so-recent summer and fall weddings. A big thanks to the brides and photographers who shared these wonderful photos!
This was a wedding of a lovely couple from Boston whose day really reflected their personalities. I collaborated on it with the ever-talented Diana and Candice from Jubilee Events. Jen Curtis Photography captured images of the day perfectly. The wedding
was so pretty that it was featured on the popular wedding chick's blog.

Bella!

The wedding took place at the tranquil Still River Cafe. Their food is legendary and the setting is CT countryside at its best. We decorated the two long rectangular tables with a burlap runner to anchor the mixed media tables scape of mismatched bud vases filled with orange, green and white blooms.
The couple had lots of vintage letter bundles and books to mix in with the flowers. It gave a sense of history and tradition to the day.
The light was so pretty that day!
Kelly and Paolo enjoying a moment in the Still River Cafe's green fields.
This photo graciously provided by Dave at Strawberry Road Photography was of a fall centerpiece we did for a really fun couple this fall at the Glastonbury Hills Country Club. The container was birch bark and the arrangement included pheasant and peacock feathers, magnolia foliage, craspedia, waxflower, stock to name a few.

I photographed this bouquet - OK, I think that's obvious! - but I fell in LOVE with this one. It was for a black and white themed winter wedding at Ethel Walker's Chapel and The Riverview. Sweet peas, spray roses, star of bethlehem. So I know I designed and made it, but seriously, isn't it SO PRETTY?
These images are from some recent work I did at the pastoral Relais and Chateau resort, Winvian, in the Litchfield Hills. With March here, I tried to capture early Spring. Flowering quince is the star.
The mercury glass vase's rustic finish pairs well with the pastel blooms.
This photo, again my me and my iphone, is terrible but the tall yellow, lime green and white arrangement, again for Winvian was fun. Again, it reminds us all that Spring is close at hand...


I'm kind of obsessed lately with this fuzzy, yellow "acacia mimosa" - in season now and so pretty.

These photos, by Carrie Draghi, were from a pretty Fall wedding at The Farmington Marriott. We used pussy willow, black baccara roses, magnolia leaves, mango calla lilies and lime green cymbidium orchids.

Hanging votives always lend a fantastic atmosphere for an evening affair.
This was another Winvian event, this time a wedding by their bucolic pond.
When you were standing in their ceremony area near the pond, it felt like you were truly in the middle of the prettiest, almost magical place in the middle of no where.

The bride chose blue accents - we used thistle and delphinium.


No comments:

Post a Comment